Yesterday I thought without the help of children I would have a little bake, – now don’t get your hopes up, just because little hands weren’t helping, my baking can still look quite childlike. I have a few raspberry based recipes I want to try at the moment because Biggy keeps proudly bringing in raspberries from his little crop in the garden. But then he eats them on his breakfast and I can’t use them, so off to the shop I went.
I got this recipe from The Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook, it is one of my books that I want to bake almost everything from, all look so yum and not toooo complicated – the easier the better for me. So here is what happened:
- cheesecake ingredients
- brownie ingredients
- the brownie mixture looked and tasted great, I have been so good at not eating sugary things during the day recently but I really let myself down with cleaning out the bowl
- oh dear the baking tray is too small, there is no room for the cheesecake layer
- so had to scrape mixture into a larger one
- oh dear again, I think this pan is too big as the cheescake layer is too thin, I barely got it to the edges
- cream topping ingredients
It was a fun cake to make, I liked the different layers, it felt like I was being very clever and multi-tasking. As always it didn’t quite look like it did in the book, I suppose I could have spent a bit more time on the topping but by then I was getting dinner ready and my attention had shifted. But I don’t think it looked too bad, I would make it for friends who came to dinner as the colours are pretty and would like I have been slaving away for them.