I started making this list a little while ago; trying to find a positive amongst the wet days of this spring, I do find all the lush green leaves beautiful and I love the short-lived blossom and in between the sneezing I enjoy the smell of cut grass and hey spring is really just a count down to an amazing bright, hot summer. Then a few days ago it became all sunny, the knitwear was off, Golden Boy was being covered in sun-lotion, had summer arrived early? Did I need to scrap this and make it a tropical list? Of course not! This is England! The rain is on its way back, everyone get outside and embrace that UV, Biggy has booked some days of next week to spend time with his family, so, like all holidays in this country, get the rain macs out.
So with the summer not yet here to stay and officially a couple of weeks of spring left here are some spring purchases I wouldn’t say no to:
- Elie Saab – Ruffled Silk Blend Georgette Gown – who knows when I would wear something like this, and all those ruffles would probably make me look huge but I would give it a go.
- Figuier Large Color Candle by diptyque Paris – I love a candle – it is green, therefore it can be put in the spring category today.
- Stella McCartney – Monia floral-print silk-crepe jumpsuit – it is very hard to pull-off a jumpsuit, they just never fit right, but wouldn’t it be great to just try this on.
- Cambridge Floral Meadow Crown Headband – I don’t really get to wear headbands as nothing fits my pinhead but this would be good for the Hippie in me.
- Vionnet – Stretch cotton-blend poplin midi dress – So pretty
- Embroidered Country Sprig Cushion – bring the spring inside
- Di Pierro – P.a.r.o.s.h. ‘pansy’ Dress – make this shorter and it would be my style of dress, I think I can do long and grown up as well.
- Veritas – Etro Paisley Print A-line Skirt – my skirt collection could use this.
- Nails inc Overnight Detox Mask with green tea, acai and spirulina – my nervously chewed nails could use this.
- Elite – Temperley London ‘florrie’ Long Dress – something to wear to a summer wedding.
- Jo Malone London – Nasturtium & Clover – yes please
Ok and now for some summer shopping…